5th International Forum on HIV and Rehabilitation Research Knowledge Transfer and Exchange (KTE) Library: Ageing with HIV in an Uncertain World
Saturday, May 20, 2023
Jean McFarlane Building
University of Manchester
On May 20, 2023 the 5th International Forum on HIV and Rehabilitation Research: Ageing with HIV in an Uncertain World took place in-person at the University of Manchester in Manchester, UK. The Forum was funded by a University of Manchester-University of Toronto partnership grant.
The Aims of the Forum were:
- To facilitate knowledge transfer and exchange (KTE) in the field of HIV and rehabilitation research (ageing, tele-rehabilitation interventions), clinical practice and service delivery, among people living with HIV, researchers, clinicians on HIV, and representatives of community organizations internationally;
- To establish new research and clinical partnerships in HIV and ageing internationally;
- To foster mentorship and training in HIV and ageing research; and
- To identify new and emerging issues and research priorities in rehabilitation interventions for people ageing with HIV.
The Forum brought together 35 stakeholders, including people living with HIV, researchers, clinicians, educators and representatives from community organizations across Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland to exchange research evidence and knowledge related to HIV, ageing and rehabilitation.
We thank the brilliant line-up of speakers who shared their expertise at the event. Please refer to the following for speaker details:
- Program at a Glance (see below)
- Digital Program: https://bit.ly/3zeDWZG
- Full Program with Speaker Bios and Key Messages: https://cihrrc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Manchester-Forum-Program-Speaker-Bios-Key-Messages-Posted-May-16-23.pdf
Recordings of the presentations delivered at the Forum will be available in the Knowledge Transfer and Exchange (KTE) Library on this webpage soon. Stay tuned!
Please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the Forum.
This Forum is funded by a University of Manchester-University of Toronto partnership grant. We also acknowledge support from the Canada-International HIV and Rehabilitation Research Collaborative (CIHRRC), Rehabilitation in HIV Association (RHIVA), and Gay Men’s Health Collective (GMHC) (filming).
The Forum is supported by the Department of Physical Therapy and Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto and the Division of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Manchester.